Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Responded] more upgrades (Will not implement for UPS)

3 years ago

Hello, maybe you add more upgrades?

3 years ago

Programming-wise it is quite easy to add PTs with larger range/area.
But the problem comes from the potential lagspikes caused by the larger pickup area. Each search consumes processing power proportional to area (thus square of range), and cannot be split up into different ticks.
Some users have already reported PT IV to have some lagspikes in their game (though it can come from being combining with lots of loot mods he used, so too many items left on ground). So I am hesitant to give PT V or even PT VI.

BTW, PT IV already provided range 128, where the are is already beyond a screen, well over range of (modded) turrets I knew of! I actually advise using PT with ranges just slightly above the turrets. (Artillery turret is not counted. IMO it does not work with loot mods anyway.) So what is your use case for that?

3 years ago

Hi, I'm just asking because this mod is the best I've seen so far. And PT is very expensive to craft.

3 years ago

Or what is the exact upgrades you are talking about, if you are not asking for larger range/area?
PTs are acting like radars and containers (chests). So I cannot think any kind of upgrades, apart from:
A/ range/area,
B/ frequency/interval,
C/ container size,
D/ power consumption,
E/ ingredient cost

D and E are out of question. Because I do not suppose them to be expendable like walls and turrets, or to deploy more than necessary. I expect users to deploy them only at frontlines where aliens invade most, and get protected well. (I totally do not expect users to replace ill-defended PTs from time to time.) The high costs are to discourage users from deploy more/larger than necessary, which will hurt UPS.. BTW, item teleportation is an ultra-realistic thing. It is justified to make it not so easy to do.

A is already mentioned in previous reply.
B is more-or-less similar to A. Each scan consumes UPS. The longer intervals in higher tiers is to discourage using more than necessary. (Like the above paragraph.)

C could be the only remaining reason. But then I doubt if larger chests really do anything good, if PTs are already deployed at right places to pick loots from time to time. Also adding larger container variant of each PT, is adding another 4 PT for each upgrade. (So if someone is really asking for this, I would rather just tune the the current container size, instead of adding upgraded PT variants.)

3 years ago

I meant to add more towers. V, VI, VII, but as you wrote before that there are already problems with the tower IV, there is no need to add more towers.
1. towers V and the next ones will be more expensive 4 times than the previous ones.
2. there will be more problems with UPS / FPS

New response