Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

g [Responded] scaling factor as a setting (Will not implement)

3 years ago

Hello

I like the idea of the mod very much, but I think its a little to bit OP with scaling factor of 4.
Because of the fact that You can add much more beacons around a bigger assembler the speed of that machine increasing to very big values very fast.
I know this is the idea, but its also causes, that the space needed to set up factory becomes much lower, so even big factory looks kind of small.

I think maybe is possible to add a variable in mod settings in game, that will allow player to set scaling factor between lets say 0.5 to 4 based on personal preferences.

3 years ago

True, I do not like productivity module for giving extra resources from nearly-free energy. It is unrealistically too good.
And I hate spamming beacons even more. (Someone wrote mods about that, overlapping beacons will overload and stop machines in the area. So only one beacon max on a machine at a time.)
But then it is the problem on modules and beacons, NOT related to the scaling factor.
If you limit yourself not to use (or only a few) beacons, then there is not a problem at all. It is a matter of self-discipline.

Maybe I can add an option to disallow module effects in some future, but I cannot promise as I never tried that and do not know how that may work.
But again this is a matter of self-discipline, user can still opt out of the option.
(The primary purpose of this mod is just "merging" multiple entities in a single scaled-up entity, without non-essential modifications. So such extra limitation will never be forcefully applied.)

The scaling factor of 4 is based on the setting of machine tier +(n+1) is exactly four machines tier +n. It is like a fundamental property and there is not much to change.
Scaling factor of less than 1 or even 1 does not make sense. Why should I provide such "high tier" machines if they are not better than their basic ones?
For such a narrow valid range, I do not think it worth the trouble to allow freely set the scaling factor. Especially, the problem lies in the modules and beacons, not here.

New response