Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

b [Solved] String instead of float breaks another mod (Will-o-the-Wisps_updated)

3 years ago

That mod scans and touches all building prototypes. And only with Machine Scaling, this happens:

41.335 Loading mod Will-o-the-Wisps_updated 0.3.13 (data-final-fixes.lua)
41.340 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Failed to load mod "Will-o-the-Wisps_updated": Will-o-the-Wisps_updated/prototypes/changes.lua:33: attempt to compare number with string
stack traceback:
Will-o-the-Wisps_updated/prototypes/changes.lua:33: in function 'set_corrosion_resistance'
Will-o-the-Wisps_updated/prototypes/changes.lua:46: in function 'set_corrosion_resistance'
Will-o-the-Wisps_updated/data-final-fixes.lua:2: in main chunk

The failing line in that mod is:
elseif preset and proto.max_health and proto.max_health > 0 then

It's most likely because this mod uses MSlib.string_multiply_values to fill max_health but leaves the result as a string. But since https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/EntityWithHealth says that the field is float, anyone can assume it to be a float.

3 years ago

I've made a small patch that fixes this problem for me. Makes MSlib.string_multiply_values play nice again with other mods and both unit-marked and unitless data values. Probably not optimal. Won't publish it myself due to the mod license.

3 years ago

Sorry, my bad. It should absolutely be handled as integers. I have done this many times before (and after), like what I have already been doing to many of my other mods.
Only this mod and Schall Pipe Scaling are instead using this string_multiply_values() construct. Cannot not remember why I did this, guess I was too tired when writing this part...

This should be fixed in the new versions 0.17.14 / 0.18.5 / 1.0.0.

3 years ago

Solved: 1.0.0 works for me.

New response