Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Solved] Disco Science Support

4 years ago

Hey, would you consider making your mod support Disco Science? I've made an API to make it easy to register modified versions of the base lab: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DiscoScience/faq

4 years ago

OK, it sounds simple enough. I will try adding then when have time to work on this again.

Though I wonder how useful it is... Your mod seems to need large number of labs for a light show. But users of this mod probably use as few labs as possible in favour of UPS. I have a single XL lab in my megabase, so I expect it just gives a single blinking coloured light?

4 years ago

The fancy patterns are indeed harder to notice when you don't have a dense field of labs. However, just lighting up different colours is still attractive and somewhat informative.

Thanks for looking into it!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Finally has time to do this! (I was busy in my new mods last month.)
Just released version 0.18.1 to support Disco Science. Please see if I have missed anything.

(I did not apply to the 0.17 branch, since it seems the support is only available since Disco Science 1.0.0.)

4 years ago

Hey, thanks so much! The API is only supported by Disco Science 1.0.0 and up, which in turn only supports Factorio 0.18 and up.

I’ll check it out soon. Thanks again!

4 years ago

Ah, right. It should be 1.0.0 (not 0.18.0). Corrected the number in above reply.

4 years ago

Though I wonder how useful it is... Your mod seems to need large number of labs for a light show. But users of this mod probably use as few labs as possible in favour of UPS.

Thanks very much for implementing this, it is useful for me as I am using a number of overtier labs and I find the disco science look really cool.

4 years ago

Cool, good to hear that you are making use of this feature.

New response