Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Solved] mod that add other science kind

4 years ago

i use a mod that add a lot of other science pack
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Specializations

your lab does not allow me to input these science pack into it. Is it something that would be easy to fix and universal or would you need to make a specific compatibility for each mod that add science pack ?
Thanks

4 years ago

Thanks for the idea.
The types of lab-usable science packs comes from property inputs of the lab entity. Currently, I am just copying inputs from the vanilla lab entity to all my overtier lab entities, in the data stage.
A solution comes immediately into my mind would be to do the copying in data-updates or data-final-fixes stage, so other mods modifying vanilla lab inputs will be noticed. But I have to check first before jumping into conclusion.

4 years ago

I have no idea of what you just said XD

4 years ago

I have just uploaded 0.17.7, please see if it helps your situation.

4 years ago

Dont work with science pack from mod Space Exploration. A big request to add packages from the Space Exploration mod to the laboratory

4 years ago

I am not playing SE (or other big overhaul mods) since my laptop can barely run it.
I will look into that when I have the time.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I am not sure if I understand your question right.
I just tested this mod with newest version of SE 0.1.149.
Labs accept science packs as the same shape, with or without this mod (Schall Machine Scaling).
The screenshot should be identical as your game, except for what marked as "Alien science pack" (which depends on whether you have "Schall Alien Loot").

Just having SE alone (disabled Schall Alien Loot, Schall Machine Scaling and all other mods). The (ground) labs are accepting vanilla science packs only. Only the space labs accept those "new" SE science packs.
If SE ground labs are not accepting the "new" SE science packs, I would not add them neither. Better ask author of SE why those science packs are for space labs only.

4 years ago

Sorry, could you tell me a little where to fix this? I want to transfer space science to your laboratories.

4 years ago

With vanilla, the lab accepts the 6 basic science packs (SP) plus space science pack (SSP).
With vaniila + this mod, the lab accepts 6 basic SP plus SSP. (No changes made.)
With pure SE, the (ground) lab accepts 6 basic SP only; space lab accepts 12 SP.
With SE + this mod, the (ground) lab still accepts 6 basic SP only; space lab accepts 12 SP. (The SAME as pure SE.)

So there is NOTHING to fix. My lab overtiers are working just as what the original (ground) lab should do without this mod.
It is the design of SE that (ground) lab does not accept SSP. Ask author of SE why they do so, not me.
(Have you ever tried just enabling SE only, to see how the lab works, before throwing this "nothing to fix" to me?)

4 years ago

I understand you. Sorry to distract. Thank you for your wonderful mods.

New response