Schall Gun Pod

Adds several bullet-consuming defense equipment. Designed for vehicle grids, function as gun pods (external mount guns) like in modern military aircrafts. Suitable for moving turret creep tactics. Also adds dedicated pods for armoured trains. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g [Responded] Tank Platoon dependency (Will not implement)

4 years ago

There is a mod that add vehicle grid to all vehicle, so the Tank Platoon is not necessary if the reason solely because they add vehicle grid, right ?
Consider a player that want to use this Gun Pod, without adding a bunch of new tank.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

No, not as simple as you think.

If you look carefully at the pod and ammo types, you will find some of them are from Tank Platoon, like the autocannon and some new rocket ammo types.
Together with the tech prerequisites and tech costs. Gun pod techs will be too cheap and too fast without the ammo turret tech costs as prerequisites.
A conditional tech tree, being depending on whether Tank Platoon and Ammo Turrets are installed, will be insanely complex and bug-prone. It would be a nightmare to maintain that.

And if you look carefully into the pod types, you will find that I have intentionally make them NOT insertable to power armors. (Because something as big as a vulcan/autocannon pod on a personal armor as personal use is illogical IMO.)
I even have finer classification of all those pods, just like cannon pod can only be installed to grids of heavy tank or higher. If you mean the mod "Vehicle Grid", they just offer a generic grid for ALL vehicles. For example, the cannon pod is supposed to work on my heavy tank or super-heavy tank, but NOT on generic vehicle (like a normal car or cargo wagon! As an external mod, it is not possible for me to modify it to fit my category settings.
After all, these gun pods are SPECIALLY designed for the tanks in Tank Platoon. Why would I even create them in the first place, if there is not a tank set I can work on?

I created all those mod options for Tank Platoon (together with majority of my mods) for a good reason, players don't need those stuff can use all those options to turn things off. Checking all those option boxes off should give you only a very minimal set of new items.

New response