Schall Gun Pod

Adds several bullet-consuming defense equipment. Designed for vehicle grids, function as gun pods (external mount guns) like in modern military aircrafts. Suitable for moving turret creep tactics. Also adds dedicated pods for armoured trains. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Very familiar...

5 years ago

I don't know exactly where, but I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this before....
hahahahahahhaa

5 years ago

Right, it looks similar to your HeavyTank 2° Gen tank mod, though your mod has some new sets of ammo, components for new tanks, armor, new fuels, etc.
Would you like the ammo unload/reload feature supporting your mod as well?

5 years ago

Im probably asking too much, but if you can take a look on this mod
and try to use the same ideia to Automatic Reload the Guns would be awesome.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Advanced_Personal_Defense

5 years ago

It's never too much. :D Thanks for you information.
I am actually totally aware of this mod! (Perhaps because of being outdated at 0.14, where the search skipped that.)
Thank you, and I will take a look into it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just taken a brief look into the code of Advanced Personal Defense. It seems the automatic reload is using the on_tick event and a global table to keep track of each turret equipment, which sounds costly and may not be MP friendly. (I am reluctant in using on_tick events, unless that is absolute necessary.)
The global tracking also made the code more complex than I thought. Maybe that is one of the reason preventing the mod from being updated to 0.15 or onwards.

5 years ago

Thats why i asked, you seem to known what you are doing.
i dont know much of programming, my codes are little Frankensteins, pieces of codes from everywhere stick together somehow.
BUT, using on_tick event every many ticks, dont help? my Wind Turbine mod refresh the turbines every 60 ticks and keep tracking all turbines, i didn't test heavily on MP, but for now, i haven't heard any complains from users.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I will see what I can do to it when I have time, but I have other mods in development, so it won't be first priority in my task list.
Programming is a matter of practice. When you invest more time coding, you get a better and better feeling on it. For your code in HeavyTank, I would advise you to put separate things in separate files, makes them much more readable and easier to update when you read them a few months later.

5 years ago

No rush, and yes, my heavy tank was my first mod EVER, never done any code before, the 2 programming languages that i was a little familiar, was ASSEMBLY and LADDER...

New response