Schall Belt Configuration

A minimalistic mod allowing changing vanilla belt settings, including belt speed and underground belt max distance. Also adds options on unlocking loaders. Supports mods “Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders” and “Space Exploration”. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Solved] Loaders are not working

5 years ago

Hi,
i thought i could spare another Mod Slot and use this to get also Loaders but the Loaders the developer added are not working. You cant connect them because of the shield with the arrow on top of it is blocking the belts from connection.
Could you "fix" this?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I am not sure what you meant by "shield". But when you talks about "blocking", I know where's the problem. This is the common problem for anyone who never play with loaders before.
Please follow these steps:
1. First, "ignore" the arrow direction. Focus on where the "belt part" of the loader, and face it towards the belt. The other end (dead end) face towards containers/assembler machines. (This is the main cause which confuse new users of loaders.)
2. Place the loader.
3. Hover mouse cursor over the placed loader.
4. Press "R" key to adjust the arrow direction. The arrow direction should be adjusted to be the same as what you want it to.
5. Everything should be working.
6. Tell me if it works for you or not. :-D

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi,
it's working. Seems like I was to lazy to circle the structure to see if it works then^^. i was to fixed at the shield with the arrow. Still it's not a nice looking item because of the shield with the arrow which stays always. Would be nice when it would look more like the Miniloaders or Loaders Redux.

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5399/ca4235dy_png.htm

Is it anyway possible that you could "fix" the appearence?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yes, I can change the graphics. But I cannot simply "copy" the sprite sheet from other mods, have to ask for permission to use them first. I will update you if I am granted the permission, or someone will contribute for me to use.

PS: The "[URL=]" syntax belongs to BBCode. It is for the forum, but not here.
Here in portal discussion, you need to use Markdown here. For example: My mods

You can read the documentation on how to use it.
EDIT: I cannot type Markdown syntax here directly, because they get interpreted into links.

5 years ago

Hi,
it was not my intention to animate you to go against copyrights. I can also use the Loader Redux which you suggest on the Information tab. I dont know how much work it is to create a new sprite or to make a mod. Which would be interesting to learn. Its just irritation to place something the other way around as shown^^.

I have now just put in the link, that worked but i will look at the snytax for the forum.

5 years ago

You can explore into Loader Redux mod file and look into the graphics folder. The sprite sheets are what need to be done mainly.
Since the game has a "tilted" top view (instead of direct top view), it does not look nice if done as a pure 2D graphics art. The proper way to make this would be building a 3D model (e.g., using Blender), then render it into sprite sheet.
I am not a 3D graphics artist, so I don't have the skill nor time for that.
The best I can do is drawing with GIMP or other tools to make the 2D graphics, like the thumbnail, item and technology icons.
For my other mods (e.g, Schall Alien Tech), a super talented people contributed the graphics.
I would wait for Arch666Angel's permission, or someone contribute the spritesheet.

5 years ago

Just released 0.17.1, with my own graphics.
I have not received any response from Arch666Angel, so I made my own graphics.
They are based on 0.16 vanilla underground belt graphics. May not look nice, but at least better than than big greyscale arrow plate...

5 years ago

I like your graphics. Its a bit expensiver then Loader Redux but thats ok.

5 years ago

Just released 0.17.2.
Included a new hotkey, so loaders can be changed in orientation even if the "belt part" is not pointing towards the right side. A little helpful feature to players who do not use "Loader Redux" or any loader snapping script.

New response