Schall Autolinked Chest

Experimental feature, based on 1.1.0 hidden "linked-chest" prototype. Adds chests that when built next to each other, they are automatically linked to share the same inventory. Useful for belt balancing and train station wagon balancing. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
Logistics Storage

i Adding compatibility for small chests mod or a setting

1 year, 1 day ago

Before anything, thanks a lot for the mod!

So, I was wondering if it was possible to make this mod work with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/verysmallchests.
As of now, the linking adjacent chests work already (that is completely amazing!).

I wanted to use that mod with this one because for belt balancers, you don't really need a big buffer and I thought that the less slots in a chest, the better for UPS (you can restrict slots but AFAIK you can manually place items in the red slots and the inserter still takes them out, meaning the restricted slots are still searched for). So that could improve performance.

So, the only unexpected thing is that the selection to link (Ctrl+O) won't link the very small chests generated by the other mod. Thinking slowly about it, it's hard to make it work: say you selected an area with 2 small linked chests and 1 regular linked chest, you couldn't link the small linked chests with the regular one because they have different sizes (I was thinking you could throw a warning in that case).

Giving it a little more thought reveals to me something that might be quite obvious, you could just add a setting to change the inventory size of the autolinked chests (I think (?). That sounds easier and achieves the same practical purpose.

Anyways if it isn't possible no problem, thanks again!

a year ago

Oh, I just noticed the mod does already have a setting for chest size. Sorry!

New response