Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Speed Controller [Probably not πŸ˜”]

1 year, 10 days ago

Currently, train ramps are very hard to use in an actual scenario, because the distance that the train jumps depends on the speed. A slight difference in speed can change if a train crashes, or if it lands on tracks or a bounce pad. Here is my idea to fix this:
Add a speed controller, a device placed on rails that uses power to change a train's speed instantly. This could let you bump a train to the max speed to go the maximum distance on a ramp, and make sure it doesn't fall short and crash.

1 year, 9 days ago

I've thought about that before but what I've found from looking into it is that trains have a certain max speed based on things like how many engines it has vs how many wagons it's pulling vs what kind of fuel it's using etc. I've played around a lot with how I can edit a train's speed while running and unfortunately that's one thing mods can't change, so there's no guarantee that even if we had a device like this that it would actually set the speed to what you wanted. I've also found that it doesnt change the fact that trains slow down as they approach the station. The way Factorio automatically drives the trains overrides a lot of stuff that mods can do so I'm not sure how I would implement something like this. But if you have any ideas how I could I'll definitely give it a look.

New response