Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Fluid Spouts/Basins and Renai Only Runs [Maybe one day ⏳]

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey, I'm a huge fan of this mod and include it every time me and my friends play modded factorio. Here's some suggestions which I believe has the same spirit as the other features of the mod

Fluid Spouts - Open Pipes that are angled upwards in a slope and only connect to other pipes on one side. When fluid passes through, fluid contents fly in the air as a stream. Always flies a set distance.
Fluid Spout Pumps - Pumps that are angled upwards in a slope. Similar to Fluid Spouts except that it is 1x2, uses some electricity and you can adjust the range the fluid flies.
Fluid Basin - A Storage Tank but without a lid, catches flying liquid. Fluid isn't thrown to this basin when it already has a different kind of fluid.
Fluid Hatch - Hatch but a Pipe and accepts thrown fluid when applicable.

Renai Only Run - Replace all inserters with throwers. Recipes are the same as the standard inserter. Throw ranges are adjustable by default but the minimum throw range is 3. You can unlock shorter throw ranges later in the game.
Red Hatches are cheaper and are unlocked at the start but you still need to research Blue Hatches.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey m8, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you and your friends enjoy it.
I considered fluid stuff in the past, but in the Factorio code they're handled differently than items and I couldn't be bothered to figure it out πŸ˜…. I agree it would fit the theme, the hard part would be the overflow prevention. Inserters naturally stop if the destination is full but pipes "run" all the time. Maybe I'll figure it out one day.
Someone actually made a mod that disables the normal throwers https://mods.factorio.com/mod/no-take-only-throw. I've never used it but it sounds like what you're talking about minus the range adjustments. If I were to make my own version of that it'd probably be its own mod.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

An idea I had for the fluids system is something akin to an assembler that packages fluids into barrels and having a thrower inserter firing it into somewhere it can be packaged.

Instead of an assembler, it's a fluid spout pump that transforms liquids into giant bubbles and throws it like an ejector hatch. You can still (maybe) use the overflow prevention logic you already have. Instead of another assembler that unpackages a barrel back to its fluid counterpart, it's a fluid basin that catches bubbles in the air and transforming it back to a fluid that can be piped out.

I had a look at the no-take-only-throw mod, it's actually good but I understood why the guy didn't implement the range adjustments. You can easily change how far the inserters throw objects but if you use the range adjustments, it could only go as far as 15 units.
I looked at Renai Transportation's scripts and found that it was hard wired to 15. Which is fine, I didn't want to exceed 15 units but I wanted to there be a minimum amount of range since people (namely, my friends) could just use Throwers one block away from a hatch instead and just play the game normally.

New response