Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

g Invalid object id on thrown item [Fixed βœ…]

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Hi. I'm playing Warptorio with Bob's Inserters and Renai Transportation.

I've reached an interesting spot where upon moving warp zones, the game crashes:

The mod Renai Transportation (1.1.8) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event RenaiTransportation::on_nth_tick(1)
There is no valid object with id 84716.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_target'
RenaiTransportation/script/event/FlyingItems.lua:10: in function 'handle_items'
RenaiTransportation/script/event/on_tick.lua:8: in function <RenaiTransportation/script/event/on_tick.lua:5>

I looked through the previous bug reports here and found something pointing towards diagonal, or otherwise "weird" throwing inserters that aren't straight up and down / left and right, which I did have a few of.

Upon removal of these thrower inserters, the game was able to warp successfully. But it might be because those inserters happened to be trying to throw as the warp happened, which could still occur and thus crash the game (though a much smaller chance) to which I'll test.

I'm using them sparingly enough it's not a big deal, especially if the fix is confusing or not possible really due to Warptorio behavior (the most likely culprit)?

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I have been able to reproduce this intentionally after some testing- my prior message was a bit incorrect at first. I think it's largely related to in-air items mid-warp. I'll have to adjust circuitry stuff to fix this. Thanks anyway, I think you can ignore this one safely.

1 year, 3 months ago

I animate the arc of thrown items every tick. I've never used warptorio but what's probably happening is that when you warp it deletes the planet you were on along with all the projectiles which causes the crash when my mod tries to animate the next frame. There's a couple things I can try, the easiest probably being detecting when a planet gets deleted and checking to see if any projectiles were on that surface and deleting them

New response