Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

g Magnetic train ramps causing cargo wagons to explode [Fixed βœ…]

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

I'm trying to get the magnetic train ramps to work, but no matter what I do, the train stops immediately after landing on the other side of the ramp. This causes any attached wagons or extra locomotives to crash into the leading locomotive and explode. I have a train stop immediately after the magnetic ramp to lead the train to it. I also have another train stop on the other side of the jump for the train to stop at.

This only happens when there is more than a single locomotive in the train. If I set the train to automatic with just a single locomotive, it can successfully path to the final train stop. I also noticed that when there is more than just the locomotive, there is a temporary stop that appears on the surviving locomotive. I'm not sure if this is what's causing the issue.

Here's an image of the train schedule and layout: https://imgur.com/a/B2lEaPf

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Accidentally double posted

1 year, 9 months ago

So after trying it myself it seems like the problem happens when the train jumps between two separate rail systems. If in your picture you connect the second station back around to the first it will work with any number of locomotives. I definitely remember the jumps working in the past between two different rail systems so maybe something about Factorio changed in an update or something. I'll have to see what it might be but I don't have a lot of time these days with school work. I'll keep it in mind though to investigate

1 year, 9 months ago

I think I found it, the temporary train stops were used in cases where the destination had a train limit set. If the train headed to a station with a limit jumped, it would unreserve its spot at the station then when it landed, if the station limit was now full, the train would freeze since it had no where to go. The temporary stop was so that the train at least had somewhere to go while the station train limit was fixed for the landed train. But it looks like something changed with how trains handled these temporary stops when they were deleted, so what I had to do was change the criteria for making the temporary stop so that, if there wasn't a limit, there wouldn't have to be a temporary stop.

tldr if none of that makes any sense: I think it works now. Try 1.0.2 and let me know how it goes

1 year, 9 months ago

The update seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for the quick response!

New response