Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b Unresponsive when riding wires [Probably Fixed✅]

2 years ago

Hello,

Factorio becomes unresponsive when I try to ride the wires. It was working fine up until now and I'm not sure what changed. I have a lot of other mods in the save so it might be one of the others causing a problem, i'm not sure.

To reproduce, highlight a power pole and press the interact key to ride the wires; factorio stops responding. Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1ZLW2R-2PHdaTR1t3VawVl5ns0MetpY/view?usp=sharing

2 years ago

Well... I just waited it out and after the next autosave happened I tried riding the wires again and everything is working normally now. I'm not sure what was going on... I think a biter may have been attacking a power pole at the time?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

So fun fact, when the player jumps on a Zipline or uses the player launcher, I swap the in game character with a copy that is immune to collisions so that you can go over trains and such. The original in game character gets teleporter a million tiles to the south east then once you get off the Zipline I teleport the original character back and swap control back to it. It's possible that this super far teleporting is causing lag from generating chunks on really big saves but I've never seen definitive proof of that happening. When I have more time I'm probably going to employ a new technique where I don't have to move the original character so far and maybe that would fix issues like this

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oooooooohh suddenly a weird behavior of the companion drones mod makes sense. Whenever I am on the jump pads or zip line the drones beeline south-east as fast as they can lol

This save is relatively small though, I’ve just been spending most of my time goofing off and trying to do fun stuff with the thrower inserters :D

2 years ago

I see, I guess the drones are tied to the same in game character regardless if the player is actually controlling it. That sounds trickier to work around but I think I have a plan worse comes to worse 🤔. My semester ends after first week of May so it'll give it a shot after that

New response