Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

g Interesting effect with characters [πŸ€”]

2 years ago

While testing your mod for compatibility, I found an interesting effect:

• Made a circular track with a ramp, put down a locomotive and got into that, using manual drive.
  • Just as the locomotive hit the ramp, I pressed ENTER to get out. I did see the character standing next to the track.
  • When the locomotive landed, focus shifted to the locomotive: The character had been put back into it by your mod.

I don't know if it's worth doing anything about that. We all know that leaving the train while it's in motion is not a good idea, and this obviously is an edge case which doesn't even hurt the character. Just thought you may want to know about this nevertheless. :-)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I see, I think that's because I record the player that was in the train when it jumps, then put that same saved player variable back when the train lands. While the train is in fight the player is riding along in an invisible car below it so it should be easy enough to move the player (if any) from the invisible car to the landed train to avoid teleporting back any players who jumped out before landing. Thanks for letting me know. I guess the question now is whether to put in a penalty for jumping out of the train :p

2 years ago

I see, I think that's because I record the player that was in the train when it jumps, then put that same saved player variable back when the train lands.

Yes, that's exactly what got me concerned when I read your changelog! :-D I'm working on my character selector mod again, which allows switching avatars on the fly if several character skin mods like the Among Us character or "I, Robot" are active. I guess we'll need to work on making our mods compatible. Basically, you'd need to update the back-up character when a player changes the avatar while jumping around in trains. I already raise an event, and will check later if anything else is required.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess the question now is whether to put in a penalty for jumping out of the train :p

I'd say the question is not whether to penalize jumping out of moving trains but what the penalty should be! :-D

New response