Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Rails for magnetic ramps [Unlikely βž–]

2 years ago

Hello, I really like your mod mainly because of how fun and unique idea it is and I have a suggestion.
Would it by possible to make the "rails" for magnetic ramps an actual "rail" entities (without collisions) instead of just sprites? It would allow trains to navigate themselfs across those ramps without needing to place actual rails there.

2 years ago

Glad to hear you're enjoying it πŸ˜€. You could do this with regular rails, but I'm guessing there's a reason you want a different magnet rail variant. Unfortunately in terms of coding there's no way to make a separate "type" of rail that is only for train auto-pathing but can't actually be driven on, I have tried. Let me know if that's what you mean

2 years ago

Yes, regular rails cannot be build through other entities, so I cannot have automatic trains jumping over parts of my factory for example.
But I guess the only way to prevent the trains to drive on those tracks would be checking the type of rail bellow from a script and stopping the train.

2 years ago

Someone actually made a mod for this if you can believe it https://mods.factorio.com/mod/non-colliding-rails

Trains can probably still drive on those but if you keep them separated it should work. If I ever figure out a better solution I'll be sure to let you know

New response