Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Water bridges [In theory 🤔]

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi there,

There’s currently a discussion on the subreddit regarding cargo ships and pedestrian bridges.

Could you make a bridge entity that goes on the dock but has some height (in the same way as power poles and other entities do) to give the impression that the bridge goes over the water? Hit F and the player gets transported over the flinger/bridge. It would only work for north-south (or s-n) bridges as it exploits the ambiguity between things that go vertically upwards and things that go horizontally to the north. Because the bridge entity is on the dock to the south, any ships passing would appear to go underneath. You would need to have a series of bridge entities to cross increasingly large canals with increasingly tall graphics. You could also use the “bridges”’for crossing rail or even belts/buildings - whatever is on the lane directly to the north of where the “bridge” is placed.

Does that all make sense?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Nothing to see here - I tapped quote rather than edit :)

2 years ago

You mean like this?

Sure I don't see why not. You'd basically have to detect when the player steps on the bridge, swap the character the player controls to one that would only collide with the bridge railing, then swap back when the player steps off. The jetpack that Space Exploration uses does something like this.

2 years ago

This randomly popped up in my head but another thought on this is that I don't think it would work for cars or train tracks, but I guess you could say that the stairs block vehicle movement

New response