Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b Crash in event: on_nth_tick(1) [Fixed βœ… thx Pi-C]

2 years ago

Was trying at Magnetic Rails (I don't think the trains will get anywhere near full speed, so I figured I should use those) and the game crashed with the following error:

"The mod Renai Transportation (0.7.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to hte mod author.

Error while running event RenaiTransportation::on_nth_tick(1)
There is no valid object with id 37574.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_target'
RenaiTransportation/script/trains/animation.lua:31: in function 'updateOffsets'
RenaiTransportation/script/trains/animation.lua:24: in function 'updateRendering'
RenaiTransportation/script/trains/on_tick.lua:451: in function 'handle_trains'
RenaiTransportation/script/event/on_tick.lua:6: in function
<RenaiTransportation/script/event/on_tick.lua:4>"

Not sure if it'll help, but I had a magnetic rail and train station on the receiving rail as well. Additionally, there were quite a few belts jam packed with plastic moving underneath the train as well.

2 years ago

I still haven't been able to recreate this error to see what might be causing it. Do you have a picture or setup I can reference?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I no longer possess the original setup, as I had to remove the trains and directly pipe the Petroleum to the Plastic Acidnator. I have however successfully recreated the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/irnsz9D

Of special note, I set the train to automatic, and it appeared to work fine. However, the moment I manually drove it, a crash resulted. With my original test I never had the rails fully set up due to trying it out, and thus, never used Automatic.

2 years ago

So I recreated your setup and bizarrely by fully connecting the rail from the ramp to the other side (instead of having a gap in the rails) the game didn't crash. I have no idea how that works but if you happen to still have the setup in your picture can you connect the rail from one side to the other and see how it works for you?

2 years ago

After connecting the rails, it didn't crash. For extra bizarreness, I tried removing some of the rails afterwards, and still didn't crash. Very weird.

2 years ago

Yeah looks like I must consult the sacred Wube council on the forums on this one

2 years ago

Minor request, if/when you post on the forums about the issue, mind linking to the post here? Kinda curious about how it came to be.

2 years ago

I think Pi-C found the problem in his reply on the post. So far all my testing seems to support his find. I uploaded a new version 0.8.4 with the fix if you're interested in testing for yourself too

2 years ago

Aye, I finally finished my huge project in my main map and went back to the Test Map. Had no issues.

New response