Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Flied in to Factory Floor [Fixed βœ…]

3 years ago

I am playing with Factorissimo2 mod,
and placed electric pole near Factory exit.

When I fly on zipline over this pole, I flied to the factory floor :)
and your mod trying to track me over poles on start surface, but moving me inside Factorissimo2 floors/surfaces (not crashing).
I can disconnect from zipline, and it push me out to random near factory floor. LoL :)

Anyway it is useless.
Could you track with timeout, and return player to start surface on zipline, or block player to enter the factories floor if we are flying on zipline.

Thank you!

3 years ago

Just to be sure, do you mean that ziplining in/out of a factorisimo building is buggy? I don't really understand by your description but I'll try to recreate that interaction

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes it is a mistake.
Look, I'm adding small electric poles into the line just 1 tile below the factories.
if the Player is connected to the zipline - I have to fly past these factories, but I fly inside when I approach the doors of the factories.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i see three solution:
- programmatically interaction between mods/authors
- do something (maybe add some tags to the player entity), so it should not move the connected player into the factories.
- (raw, not so good, but should works): add some logic to https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html#on_player_changed_surface
and check if player changed its surface when it flying on zipline,
if so, return the Player to source surface (where it was connected to zipline)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://youtu.be/JodxACg2Jg4
You need some level of upward speed to fly into a factory floor.
Also, you can see how to place electric poles to reproduce it

3 years ago

Thank you for the video. I was able to use the on_player_changed_surface event to essentially reverse the surface change if the player is ziplining so they don't enter the building. I just uploaded a version with the change, let me know if it works for you. Interestingly when I tried to recreate the bug I crashed when I entered the Factorissimo building.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Just FYI: Before fix - when I flied in, and disconnected, the factorio app just hung up for 10-15 seconds on 8 cores CPU (mac version). And then it releases and drop me in nearest factorissimo2 floor :)

Updated all mods. Renai Transportation v0.6.14
Works like a charm. No freezes.
πŸ‘

3 years ago

πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Ž

New response