Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Crank on the Zipline [Implemented βœ…]

3 years ago

Love using the Zipline to get around my base, buuuutttt kinda constantly slow.

Suggestion; a hotkey crank button that increases the acceleration by how fast it is tapped in a few seconds.
Or an upgraded version that has a Nitro booster option. Could add a side-effect that if you hit the end of a line at high-speeds you go flying off in that direction (lol).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

haha I love the mental image of that manual cranking idea. Sounds easy enough too. Surprised you find the zipline slow, it's slightly below car speed, but that doesn't mean there's room for improvement though πŸ€”

3 years ago

sounds like research tiers to me

3 years ago

Crank zipline controller added in new version πŸ˜‚.
I plan on adding different tiers in the future, this is kind of like a proof of concept

3 years ago

Loving this buuuutttt . . . the clicking for the crank is a bit annoying, trying not to select stuff while moving and spam left clicking.

Suggestions;
+ A Shortcut Button to spam click?
+ Its equiped in a Gun slot with ammo, what about spamming shoot for cranking?
+ (side suggestion lol) a max speed bar or something, to know you just can maintain that level of "cranking" =P

hehehe I may have modified my max speed by moving a decimal place in the files and WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee (playing with krast 2 and space exploration with several big bases around 18x18 chunks to get around in. XD)

3 years ago

sorry if this didnt make sense in parts, accidentally drank my morning coffee twice XD

3 years ago

HAha that sounds hilarious. Yeah you're probably right that clicking isn't the best option, I just chose that because I already had that programmed in and I can't detect other keys without registering it. Changing it to the shoot key would be great, I'll have to see if that can be programmed like that

3 years ago

So I found a way to have the crank do the boost on the shoot key but since there's no semi-auto it just boosts you while you hold the shoot key down which is fine and more convenient, but way less meme. Maybe I can add a speed graphic too at some point

3 years ago

hmmm I don't know how much work this would be.
What about having a few secounds cooldown on it, but "pressing" the shoot key again resets the cooldown?

It would mean every 2nd press was a Crank but also side feature for being lazy allows you to just hold it down, not as fast but still faster than normal. lol

GG its amazing how quickly you are creating and implementing all this (o_O)

3 years ago

Also love the Variable naming, its like a Hidden Easter Egg. I found PikachuFace, Wheredidyougo, but no Wheredidyoucomefrom or Cottineyejoe. =P

3 years ago

lol :D

3 years ago

I absolutely love the zipline, it's so much fun to use. For the boost, you might be able to utilize the shield% bar to indicate how much boost is left, or when it's ready to use again. Also making the boost a custom key bind would be nice so that we can change it if necessary

3 years ago

Glad to hear you're enjoying it πŸ˜€. The boost is basically an ammo cartridge with 1000 uses and every time you "shoot" the zipline it give you a boost up to a certain amount, and you can do so every 1/4 second or so. So it's always ready to use but in cases where you're already going fast it won't give you more speed. Using the shield bar would be handy but I don't know if I can change it without the player actually having a shield. It's easy enough to make a picture pop up but how to tie that with the speed is what I would need to figure out

New response