Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Technology research [Investigating πŸ”]

3 years ago

Hi, i suggest adding an technology line to research before we can start using even most basic thrower, because throwers are way too op at the start of the game, even without using mods like bob's transportation. I think throwers need to start being an alternative to belts in mid-game or late-game, due to long throwing distances and quantity of items transported using that method. Thanks for mod and updates by the way, it's a great addition and it will be our saving for the spaghetti fest :D.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I might just have a turtle speed play style but I feel like the bottle neck in the early game is more often the number of machines you can feed and defend more so than item throughput speed, so throwing items even faster isn't too useful or powerful, just more convenient. I can see your point though if you play without biters, and the Bob's adjustable inserters combo is definitely insane. I've never figured out how to "balance" that mod combo, but maybe I can make a peaceful mode adjustment that gates throwers with research. What would you consider a good point in the tech tree for researching them?

3 years ago

Near the tier 2 belts, train research or even after, starting with basic thrower and throwing distance a little more than vanilla underground belts. You can here abandon some underground belts using throwers, but still you will need to use belts to get to your selected point, as your tech advances with belts and stuff, you can start to completely ignore belts, using only items from your mod.

New response