Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

i Train ramp reliability improvements [1/2 implemented ✅, 1/2 unlikely➖]

3 years ago

Hello, I have been trying out this mod and it's great.
Only a big issue with the train ramps is that it is hard to control speed, the only way to do it now is forcing the train to stop and making it hit the ramp before it stops, or to have it stop at a station and speed up to the desired speed this takes up a lot of space and is really annoying to calibrate for.

My suggestion to solving this is as follows:
Get a signal (or the ramp itself) to set the train to a specified speed the same way the signals and stations set the speed of a train to 0
This would allow you to save space at the end of the ramp because you train doesn't need to stop.

Maybe you could also implement it into a station of some kind so terminating track doesn't make it stop the same way.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I don't know if there's a way to disable the rail dead end slowdown, but I am working on an upgraded ramp that can have a fixed landing distance, that way the speed of the train isn't a factor in where it lands

3 years ago

So while I still don't know how to disable the slowdown to upcoming stations, I just added a new tier of train ramp that can always guide a jumping train to an exact landing point regardless of speed. I attributed it to electromagnets but it's basically magic at this point lmao

New response