Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b nil crash on startup. [2/2 Fixed βœ…]

3 years ago

It last worked for me on 8.17.2020 and I had fun testing it and playing with spidertrons and trains trying mid air collisions and such.
It wont load any more.
error log snip from game trying initial startup.

44.880 Loading mod RenaiTransportation 0.4.6 (data-final-fixes.lua)
44.887 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Failed to load mod "RenaiTransportation": RenaiTransportation/data-final-fixes.lua:187: attempt to index global 'TheItem' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RenaiTransportation/data-final-fixes.lua:187: in function 'MakeThrowerVariant'
RenaiTransportation/data-final-fixes.lua:289: in main chunk

3 years ago

What mods are you using? I try to generate a thrower variant of all the inserters in the game, but sometimes a mod creates an inserter for functionality and not use, and these crash the thrower generator code. Miniloader and Ammo Loader+ do this and I have some filters to try and sort them out, but there are some more edge cases I must have missed. What mods are you playing with?

3 years ago

[generate a thrower variant of all the inserters]
0.o
That is... alarming
is there a way ya could make it an option or something to restrict this to basegame variants?

Because, making all the modded ones have throw too, sounds like a stack overflow of excessive awesome.
Otherwise, trying to hammer in all the exceptions that will come up will be never ending and silly.

basegame stack inserters (with high bonus researched) cloned to can throw and via bob inserter config, be changable is plenty overpowered.

I just wanna putz with silly jumping trains, trying to signal stuff for consistent speeds and stuff.
crazy wizard, overdoing things.

3 years ago

What's weird is that you mentioned it worked just a week or so ago and I haven't changed anything related to the thrower code in that time. Maybe another mod you have updated to put one in that caused the crash. I don't know much about adding settings to mods yet but once I do I'll try to add "base inserters only" setting, for now you can try the fix I just uploaded v0.4.7 and see if it works

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It works now.
Thank you.

Yeah, been trying out different mods and changing and updating things, list is too long to narrow down besides whoah, that's a big list.

spotted the bit of error catch:
and data.raw.item[ThingData.minable.result] ~= nil
Simple and Brilliant.

There are a few other mods I suspect had similar problems, and some of my own tinkering a similar error catch like this will help on.

3 years ago

Setting to disable thrower varients of modded inserters added in latest version πŸ˜ƒ

New response