Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b [1.0.0 | 0.4.2] Train Ramp placed too close to curve results in ramp destruction [Intended, note added on desc. πŸ“]

3 years ago

I tried out train ramps for a proof of concept (prior to any actual usage on an actual map). During my experimentation, I realized that placing ramps at a certain location resulted in trains destroying the ramp rather than using it.

See video: https://youtu.be/FgOnB-NomUs?t=58

I don't know if it was too close to the curve or too close to the station or something else. Notably, after destroying the first ramp, it manages to jump off the second without enough speed, therefore crashing. As a result, it doesn't seem like speed is the issue and I'm inclined to believe that the curve is the issue.

I haven't tested beyond this.

Factorio 1.0.0. Renai Transportation 0.4.2.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It is the curve, the code only allows trains that are exactly straight vertical or straight horizontal to take a ramp so that other calculations are easier. It also makes sure the train jumps exactly vertical/horizontal rather than off at a slight angle

3 years ago

Ah, got it. Might want to put that into the description for the train ramp item to avoid future incidents beautiful explosions, since I don't think it's stated outright (may be wrong)

3 years ago

Good point, I'll add it to the description of the ramp

New response