(NOTE: Intended to be used with DayNightExtender. More info below.)
Do you like solar panels, a lot? Is your inner physicist crying whenever you think about how ridiculously powerful vanilla solar panels are? Do you think power is too easy to get? This mod is for you!
This mod makes power harder to get. Solar panels produce a realistic amount of power, steam and fuel values are nerfed accordingly, but general power consumption is also lowered to make it less ridiculously hard. Accumulators buffed for more realistic values and allow 24h days, plus there is a new type of accumulator with very high power but low capacity.
Accumulator / panels ratios are quite different and depend on the day cycle length (For people who don't like making spreadsheets: New ratios).
Nuclear reactors are harder to get and consume more fuel than normal, forcing you to rely on other power sources for longer.
Intended to be used with DayNightExtender for 24h days (configurable in config.lua - for 24h the day_multiplier needs to be set to 205).
I suggest at least 4h days (day_multiplier 34).
- Bob's mods (all solar panels requiring wafers, toggleable in settings)
- Angel's mods
- Realistic Reactors
- Wind Turbine, Wind Turbines, KS Power
- Bio Industries
- Pyanodon's mods
(should support pretty much all mods, worst case some power generators are too cheap)
- Solar panel produce 5.4kW equal to 60% efficiency (close to the theoretical maximum of 68% for multi-junction quantum dot solar cells) for 600W/m² with Earth-like illumination, and solar panel is 9 tiles = about 9m² big
- Basic accumulators 100x the capacity and 1/6th the power (50kW), based on Li-Ion batteries
- High power accumulator 5x the capacity and 4x the power for a whopping 1.2MW, based on supercapacitors
- High power accumulators can't have even lower priority than regular accumulators so you have to make a separate electric network for them (like for lasers) to be meaningful. Alternatively, use mods like Transformer to force charge high power accumulators.