Realistic Fusion Power

Adds a new way to produce energy through nuclear fusion. Fully compatible with K2, Angel's/Bob's, SE and IR2. Currently getting rewritten (see end of description).

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

g How to auto update after research ?

2 years ago

Hi all. after every research i have to go in the selection menu of the heater or reactor and have to select the new tech unlocked.
Is there a way to do that automatically ? I see nothing in the options.
Tx.

2 years ago

imo it should automatically update the recipe to the most efficient one or edit the time of it. Unfortunately, you have to manually select the recipe yourself.

2 years ago

Not possible because of modding limitations.

Only way I could do this is with scripts, but when I was making the mod I wanted to keep it as lightweight as possible (which means as few scripts as possible). I also did sort-of do this in an earlier version, but it only worked if you mined+placed all the reactors again, which wasn't much better.

2 years ago

Hi Ronner_set. Thanks for your answer.
The most issue was i remember it was possible at a specific time (date).
Great mod !

9 months ago

I found a mod that automatically updates the recipes when better ones are researched for assembly machines. Would this not be applicable for this mod?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting-efficiency-2

8 months ago

Doing it on callback for technology researched seems reasonable, just have script update the recipes, it's no on-tick. Keep a list of the buildings via the on build and destroy and such hooks for fast access and updating so you don't need to scan the whole map, would be super fast and non-ticking.

New response