Are you tired of using outdated, weak sources of electricity such as fossil fuel, solar or nuclear fission?
Do you need a lot of energy without dropping to 1 UPS?
Do you have way too much science and are tired of researching infinite technologies over and over again?
Do you want to build a megabase without solar panels?
Do you think solar panels are stupid? I do. You just plop them down with some accumulators and they make energy. Where's the fun in that?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then let me introduce you to a new, revolutionary source of power...
- Deuterium (basic fuel) extracted from water, so no need to mine anything! [advanced extraction chain was added in 1.1, both versions in pictures]
- A heater that can heat gases to temperatures several times higher than the core of an average star (including Old Earth's, Vea's and Nauvis' suns)!
- Magnetic confinement pipes for moving plasma without causing millions of credits in damages of testing equipment after Jon has the bright idea to use iron pipes to move tens of millions of degrees hot plasma. I thought you weren't that stupid, Jon. You have studied for 20 standard years to get your particle physics degree, Jon. Iron pipes can't withstand millions of degrees, Jon.
- A fusion reactor where the fusion happens!
- Tritium and Helium-3 breeding from the D-D (Deuterium-Deuterium) reactions!
- D-T (Deuterium-Tritium) fusion, which needs lower temperatures than D-D and makes more heat!
- High capacity heat exchanger and turbine, because otherwise way too many would be needed for D-T! [toggleable through mod setting]
- Aneutronic (He3-He3) fusion which allows direct conversion of energy to electricity (no need to use heat exchangers and turbines)!
- A direct energy converter to directly convert energy made from aneutronic fusion reactions to electricity!
- D-He3 aneutronic fusion which produces more energy using the same amount of helium-3 and needs much lower temperatures than He3-He3!
- Efficiency upgrades to both fusion and heating, these make the tech tree look way more complex than it really is.
- Mostly vanilla friendly and awesome looking graphics made by YuokiTani and PreLeyZero (plus some recolored graphics from here)
- Very high energy density, even compared to nuclear fission!
- So much damn science required to make it work. Seriously, total you will need over 1 million of each pack. [adjustable with a mod setting]
- [WIP] Antimatter power. Just in case you need 1500GW for whatever reason, you know.
There's an Alt-F4 post where I talk about the mod in more detail, if you're interested.
Also sorry if this isn't completely realistic, I'm not a physicist or anything—learned all of the stuff on the internet. If you are someone that knows more about fusion/antimatter than me, then go ahead and contact me (see at the end of the description) and I'll try to implement whatever suggestions you might have. I already know that neither fusion nor antimatter can really produce energy in the real world (yet), but hey, this is Factorio. And what use would a fusion/antimatter energy mod have if you wouldn't be able to produce any energy with it?
If you haven't yet, check out the weaponry addon/RFW
If you want to contact me for any reason, do so though the forums, discord: Romner#5341 or the discussion section.
And if you're curious about how I calculated everything, there's a some of it in the mod files themselves in the form of comments, but it'd probably be better if you contact me directly. I do plan on making some sort of coherent .txt file or something eventually though.
Version 2.0 is currently in the works, more details here.
Currently maintained by https://mods.factorio.com/user/emelrad12