Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Alien Loot and Alien Artifacts Compatibility

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello Friend,

So far have thoroughly enjoyed the mod and Rampant Arsenal as well. So much so that I recently purchased additional ram for my PC just to use the new enemies, Interesting so far.

Though I have noticed that since enabling the new enemies the drops from the "mobs" do not happen past the first initial biters. These Drops that I am speaking of are the ones from
Schall Alien Tech (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallAlienTech)
and Bobs Warfare (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobwarfare).

Based on how I believe the mod functions with the new enemies enabled it has entire new entities in the game, that are unaffected by the changes to the base aliens. Am I correct in this thought?

5 years ago

Hi,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the mods.
I can double check, but the artifacts from bobs should be compatible. Are you running Natural Evolution?
The Alien Tech will not have support though.

Yes, you are correct in the thought.

5 years ago

I am not using NE as there was another report on here a while ago on issues with NE so I opted out of using that one.

What I have noticed is that the artifacts from Schall Alien Tech spawn on some of the enemies but not others, Similar as well for some of bobs even with small artifacts enabled. I will reach out to the Dev of Schall as well as look at the code to see if I can make some form of Quick patch or minor change to get them to work together.

5 years ago

will this work with 0.17 any time soon?

5 years ago

I will add a todo to revisit the artifacts stuff.

New response