Connect rails to electric and signals circuits, and use electric trains

Content
10 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation

b Rail signals not segmenting tracks->FIXED

4 years ago

Hey, I found another one =x

So I laid a new line down to a remote iron patch with the intention of powering the whole remote base there via the rail line, and I discovered after my trains couldn't find a path there that the rail signals simply don't do anything when put on the modded rails, so using a single line with a loop at the end won't work at all.

Vanilla rails still segment properly, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the modded rails?

Here's a simple screenshot to show how I checked it was the modded rails only; https://i.imgur.com/D4mK839.png

Thanks for the quick work on the update to your support lib for bob's logistics BTW =)

4 years ago

Hi Kirby
You are welcome for the update :)
Acually, the problem is not the rail, but the electrical connector! This one is based on a rail signal, and has an impact on the segmentation of the rails. This is quite a problem, and I don't really know, yet, how to prevent it.
The only workaround I found was
- either to put one connector on each side of the rail
- choose carefully the side of the rail where to put the connector.
I will try to find out a solution, but nothing came to my mind for now, sorry!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hah, putting poles on both sides of the rail works perfectly.

I just add one to each side just after the rails merge to the single lane and then the tap point gets added just before it splits into the loop.

That's not even something I would call a bug... hell, you could add it as a feature and say the towers can only power the rail on it's own side and so you need one for both sides for it to work

If you're leveraging the built in signal network to do this and not making up additional code to create a new network type, I can only imagine that the current method is going to be the lightest on UPS and will probably have the least chance at adding in incompatibilites with other mods too

4 years ago

this trick doesn't work anymore :/

4 years ago

This mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/beautiful_bridge_railway supports your mod, and it segments properly, even connected to your rails. Maybe try asking him?

4 years ago

Hi All
I am working now on a new version, using all suggestions I had. But I am not very often at home for now, not until in 2 weeks. So it will have to wait, sorry.
Anyway, many thanks for your feedback and help, I am happy to use it :)

4 years ago

Noticed this issue too. My workaround was to create a piece of curved railway which cannot be used by trains (dead end).
This way it doesn't matter at which side of the rail the electrical connector is placed, but it still functions perfectly.

4 years ago

It should be fixed in the new version

New response