RPG System

This mod adds a basic RPG system to the game (XP, level-up and skills)

7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Changing mods grants XP on game load.

4 years ago

I recently updated RPG System (from a roughly 1 month-old version), uninstalled Orbital Ion Cannon, and added a bunch of quality-of-life mods at the same time. When I loaded the game again, I was instantly boosted from level 30 to level 85.

I suspect this may possibly be related to changing mods forcing a rebuild of the technology tree, re-granting all previously-researched techs, and RPG System re-granting XP for all past techs?

4 years ago

i think this is bc of the latest patch since the latest patch i was lvl 13 or 14 and this morning when i jumped on to play i was just lvl 85 and still lvling really fast, i didnt change any mods since the patch

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Other mods can rebuild tech tree and that would give xp... but, anyway, for double check, can you please check your mod option Xp multiplyer for the xp table? Whats the number there ? Also how much xp u have? And what part of the game , hours, current tech, ... that info would help me balancing the mod. Thanks

4 years ago

I'm only 10 hrs in and only have half the green science tech researched, 1 research puts me from lvl 31 to 87 no matter what research i do, i go from lvl 31 - xp 30017 to lvl 87, when i was playing last night everything was working fine but since i updated this morning my very next research just puts me at lvl 87 with 30500+ xp from 30017.

I do have spaceX and a bunch of other mods but most of them are end game techs and i havent even started on blue science so i doubt its a mod change that is causing me to go from 31 to 87 and im sure i was at most maybe 20 yesterday and when i logged in im at 31 with 5 points to put on and i normally use my points right away.

4 years ago

with 30k XP you should be level 9 only, by the current default settings: First level 600XP, Multiplyer: 1,61 and reductor 0,023. Plese check you mod startup mod settings and tel me what numbers are there

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

AH ok the settings are the same as my old game which i did change (first lvl 150, multiplier is 1.5 and reductor is 0.023), i use those settings a lot bc i only play solo, even with those settings 1 research of 100 red and 100 green gave me 50 odd lvls with only around 400 XP increase, i know my Xp setting make it hard to adjust to but this only happened since 17.62 released, unless spaceX has messed it up, my other mods are only Qol, iv been using your mod for almost all my games recently and this is the first time iv had this happen, i just did a bobs/angels and had no problems prior to 0.17.62, with the setting i stated, i didnt even get close to lvl 80 with that play through and im now at 94 with only half the blue science done, i havent even started researching spaceX tech yet.

Incase you want to know i now have XP 167335 lvl 94, it does say that technologies is at 60230, im not sure if thats individual techs or science packs but either way i havent even made that many.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Backup your save game, set the mod options to the default numbers above, restart your game, and type {reset-points} in the tag editor. I would test this.

New response