RPG System

This mod adds a basic RPG system to the game (XP, level-up and skills)

7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b XP update bugs

5 years ago

Was hoping somebody would make a level-up system. :)

Few bugs I noticed playing on v0.16.51:
- It can take a noticeable delay (10 seconds or more?) before the mod detects I've earned enough experience to level up.
- There's also a similar delay before the mod registers kill experience, whether I shoot biters or my turrets do. Both of these were early-game kills, so cpu/memory pressure should be light.
- XP earned from trees and rocks don't show in the chat log even with the "show messages for all XP earned" option enabled. Kill XP works.
- Rocks from the Alien Biomes mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel/alien-biomes ) don't grant exp when mined, but trees do. Not sure if that's something for you or them to address. Disabling that mod, vanilla rocks grant xp okay.
- Progress bar in the top left doesn't always update with progress so it doesn't match the xp bar or values shown on the level screen (where you select skill points). I think the top left bar is not updating with rock/tree xp. (Set the value for level 2 to a low xp threshold and it'll be pretty apparent.) Seems to update for biter kills (after the aforementioned delay).

5 years ago

Hi Solinya. Thanks for your feedback. The delay is intentional, to not consume processing time. But it can be reduced. I'll work on a new version soon, and fix those problems.

New response