RPG System

This mod adds a basic RPG system to the game (XP, level-up and skills)

7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b overrides other QoL mods: FarReach, as example

5 years ago

leveling up character triggers event that causes other QoL mods, such as FarReach (by Fexx) to stop functioning. Applies changes to character without first checking what current reach is, or enables changes to stats that are already modified by other mods (ie: far reach makes game more like RTS than an explore-and-build game. makes it more like starcraft or age of empires than say minecraft, where reach is limited. )

this may also affect such mods as Creative Mode, though i haven't gotten around to specifically testing those two against each other.

5 years ago

options include:
1)mod-incompatibility flag "!",
2)checking whether mod exists: if mods["far-reach"] or mods["factorioreach"] then affectReach=false end
then using the boolean flag to determine whether or not to update reach upon level-up point-usage.
3) checking player's current reach distance and only modifiying it if the new amount is larger

5 years ago

I'm getting the same problem. Every time I level up, my reach is reset to vanilla range.

But it seems to be affected by some other factor as well. It worked just fine with a whole bunch of mods but in my new Angel's/Bob game this started happening. Could it be some weird interaction with those?

How about you, usafphoenix? Does it happen in every game or only angelbob games?

5 years ago

i haven't played in awhile. Had to reinstall windows, was sick for a week, been catching up on work and life stuffs.
I imagine there are plenty of mods that affect various "bonuses" that could interfere / collide with this mod, but exactly what needs to change to correct this, i'm not sure, unfortunately. just wanted to let the dev know that an odd interaction with some mods DOES occur.

5 years ago

my initial guess though is that RPG system may not check current bonus level, and assumes no other mods present that impact various things via research or as a baseline / changes upon start. So if it assumes vanilla and sets a static value upon "upgrading" player points, it'll cause other mods to not work correctly.

New response