Quantum Resource Distribution

by eliont

Special chest can send placed items to ship quantum storage unit and retrieve from it. Also works for player inventory (optional). It's make resource management more like RTS for playing combat-oriented settings/mods. Compatible with multi-surface mods like Space Exploration - item transportation works on surface, but not between them. Should be UPS-friendly because using events to track entities, not find_entities_filtered.

Content
2 months ago
Logistics Logistic network Circuit network Storage

i Optimization for large bases

10 months ago

Hello,
I've been enjoying your mod a lot, but as my base grows I've been putting it under a lot of stress. At this point I have about 10k chests throughout the world, and while the framerate in general is good there is a noticeable hitch every second when all the chests are processed.

I thought about just making my base smaller or buying a new computer, but decided to unzip the mod and edit it a bit as well. I restructured the data structures to be more efficient for how you access them and to spread the chest update evenly over ticks so it doesn't hitch any more. The mod is now keeping up beautifully on my big base.

Since the mod is MIT licensed I published my changes to github at https://github.com/qypea/QuantumResourceDistribution2/commits/main. Feel free to pull them in as they are or edit them to your liking.

Q

10 months ago

Thank you, i will take a look.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Well, such flattening made mod incompatible with multi-surface mods like space exploration.
Well, not EXACTLY incompatible, but you can now transmit items from one planet to another using just chests.

10 months ago

No, I just double-checked and items don't transmit between surfaces in Space exploration. The chests still have the surface information in them, and the quantum space between them is still the separated by surface.

10 months ago

I tried your version qilad but it stutters the same way. Meaning i get the pause every second. I did not get better at all. I wonder if i did something wrong. I opened the mod folder, i downloaded your repository as zip and copied it to mod folder, then i deleted old mod zip and replaced the name on zip i downloaded that included your repository to same as the mod file name was.

10 months ago

Just replied to your github issue with some debug suggestions to try.

10 months ago

Btw thanks for idea with tick-distibuted chest processing.

Well, it can slightly slow down resource delivery, but capping chest count processing in one batch should solve stuttering on megabases.

Though i prefer to not build megabase, using modded and/or somewhat cheated buildings what offer increased speed => less entities needed.

This thread has been locked.