Multiple Unit Train Control

Replaces bidirectional trains with ones twice as powerful, to simulate real locomotives driving backwards.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

b Incompatibility with Electric_Trains_fix_balance_K2

1 year, 11 months ago

Crash on new game start.

The mod Multiple Unit Train Control (0.4.14) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event MultipleUnitTrainControl::on_init()
Error when running interface function realistic_electric_trains.get_locomotive_fuel: ...istic_Electric_Trains_fix_balance_K2__/logic/remotes.lua:20: attempt to index field 'electric_loco_registry' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...istic_Electric_Trains_fix_balance_K2__/logic/remotes.lua:20: in function <...istic_Electric_Trains_fix_balance_K2__/logic/remotes.lua:19>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'call'
MultipleUnitTrainControl/control.lua:91: in function 'InitEntityMaps'
MultipleUnitTrainControl/control.lua:737: in function <MultipleUnitTrainControl/control.lua:731>

May come from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Realistic_Electric_Trains_fix_balance_K2 , or something else ; i'm trying to setup a cursed abomination of a modpack that attempts to make way too many things play nice together.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

I had to add your fork to my dependency list and check for the individual locomotive names, instead of the original mod name.

You also need to add a line in function register_locomotive_type(loco_name, fuel_item):

global.electric_loco_registry[loco_name] = fuel_item

So that the new electric locomotives are actually added to the list of types to be electrically refueld.

And there seems to be a mismatch between the locomotive power setting and the dummy fuel item fuel value (at least for the standard loco). You need to increase the fuel value so that the locomotive does not run out of energy before the next update cycle, at its maximum consumption rate. (you can tell this is happening because the out-of-fuel warning flashing while driving normally/manually).

1 year, 11 months ago

It's not my fork, it's not to me you should be telling this.

1 year, 11 months ago

Ah, thank you. Didn't check the user names.

New response