Multiple Unit Train Control

Replaces bidirectional trains with ones twice as powerful, to simulate real locomotives driving backwards.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

i Support for Realistic Electric Trains

5 years ago

Hey,
first of all awesome mod! I would love to see support for Realistic Electric Trains if at all possible. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Realistic_Electric_Trains

5 years ago

Thanks for the request! I have talked to the author, and should be able to add support as soon as he finishes writing the remote interface code in his mod (so that I can add new electric trains with my mod).

5 years ago

Awesome! On another note, could you also look into the crawler train from Angel's Industries?

5 years ago

I have support for Angel's Perrochem and Smelting trains (not in dependency list anymore). What mod is the crawler train in? I don't see it in the core package.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

It is hidden in here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsindustries
Note that there are two types of locomotives in there

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

It looks like the Crawler is a car, not a train. My mod can't do anything with cars.

Oh I see it.

5 years ago

Crawler Train is added in 0.1.13.

5 years ago

Nice, thanks!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Latest patchnotes from Realistic Electric Trains say this: - Improved the remote interface (unfortunately, not backwards compatible). Is this the patch you were waiting for?

5 years ago

Not quite. There are still some bugs, and I sent him a pull request with the fixes. Next versions on both our sides should work together.

5 years ago

Okay, that's great to hear, my current playthrough isnt even close to using the electric trains (mostly due to the pyanodon package) so I am sure the updates will come before I am able to use them.

5 years ago

We got it to work! Latest versions of RET and MUTC should play together nicely. Only bug is that when you change modules in the Modular Locomotive and it triggers an MU replacement, you won't see the new statistics popup because it doesn't know which player to show it for a script-created entity.

5 years ago

That is a bug I can certainly live with. Awesome!

New response