Multiple Unit Train Control

Replaces bidirectional trains with ones twice as powerful, to simulate real locomotives driving backwards.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

i Compatability Request

5 years ago

Love the mod idea. I'm currently using Electric Vehicles: Reborn for electric trains, but they don't currently work with what this mod provides. I am hoping you'll take my request to make this work with those electric trains.

5 years ago

Thanks for the request! I will take a look at it.

5 years ago

I got it partway working, but I'm waiting for the EVR maintainer to incorporate some code and look into a bug. Even if I set the buffed locomotive to double the power, it only gets the base 1MW somehow (and blinks out of fuel whenever you drive). It'll happen whenever he has time.

5 years ago

I found the bug and notified the author of Electric Vehicles: Reborn. Latest version of MU Control includes support that will activate as soon as he updates!

5 years ago

Awesome, I can't wait to try out the mods together.

5 years ago

I've been trying to get my electric trains to connect like I would with normal trains, but it doesn't seem to be working. There isn't a message saying they were replaced like there should, and there isn't any acceleration difference. I've tried using/placing down new (made after the updates) and old (made before) electric trains. I've tried connecting them directly together and separated by a wagon. I have the technologies for the feature and they work fine with normal trains.

5 years ago

That's because he hasn't fixed the bug in his code yet, and my mod won't enable it until the version bumps up. I left a comment for him with the fix, but I'll try a pull request in Git. You can fix it yourself if you unzip ElectricVehiclesReborn and change "equipment.lua", line 69, to "MJ" instead of "MW", and change the mod version to 0.1.2 in info.json and the folder name.

5 years ago

Oh I see. I saw the lib version go to 0.1.2 and saw that he said he'd update soon. So I thought that was the mod that needed to update. Thanks for clearing that up and for the info to update it myself.

5 years ago

Looks like he released the update, so both mods should work together out of the box now.

New response