Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

b [Fixed-1.0.1] Crash on save load

1 year, 7 months ago

The game is crashing when I try to load my saved game with this mod installed:

951.477 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 157751141: The mod Module Inserter Simplified (1.0.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::on_string_translated (ID 153)
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:20: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:20: in function <ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:12>

Thanks/

1 year, 7 months ago

Ah it was going so well… 20 hours, >30 downloads, and no crashes!

Looks like you might have a mod that adds modules that have slightly strange (but still valid) localised names. I guess I’ll I’ve to come up with a more robust solution for this bit, I thought I’d be able to get away with it… :(

1 year, 7 months ago

Hopefully fixed now in 1.0.1.

1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks, the game is not crashing anymore on load, but I found another bug:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ModuleInserterSimplified/discussion/6324a68479f16c9d52ab4e48

Thanks.

1 year, 4 months ago

Hello,
it seems like I have a similar problem with version 1.1.1
I am using a couple of other mods (K2 & SE). The interesting thing is, that this crash only happens when loading a savefile with some progression (I tested multiple files from 50h - 250h)

When loading a new save, there is no crash.

The error is:
The mod Module Inserter Simplified (1.1.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::on_init()
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:16: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:16: in function 'request_translations'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:181: in function 'generate_global_data'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:187: in function <ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/init-global.lua:186>

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for the crash report, Nameru. My guess is that your save has been (or is being) used in multiplayer, so contains multiple players in it. If that is the case, then it has now been fixed in v1.1.2.

1 year, 4 months ago

Now it works, thank you very much!

Your're right, I used the map once on a server but playing alone now. Didn't think about that information.

New response