Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

b [Not-a-bug] Crash when cycling between modules

1 year, 7 months ago

The game is crashing when I selected the tool in the cursor and cycle between the modules:

453.464 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 157778412: The mod Module Inserter Simplified (1.0.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::mis-cycle-module-forwards (ID 520)
Unknown item name: mis-insert-dark-module-1
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_stack'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:31: in function 'cycle_module'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:41: in function <ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:41>

I'm using this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DarkModules (The game crashs when it should select the modules introduced by this mod!)

Thanks.

1 year, 7 months ago

It works fine for me when using it with Dark Modules and I can't see why it is crashing for you. Would you be able to send a save that I can sync to with your modlist (or just a list of mods) please?

1 year, 7 months ago

I modified locally that mod (and a bunch of other mods too!) I will need to upload my entire folder with mods.
I will try to investigate here and post if I found a solution.

Thanks!

1 year, 7 months ago

Maybe you can reproduce the bug with this 2 mods:

https://ufile.io/f/az4wc

Thanks.

1 year, 7 months ago

Well if you modified that mod, feel free to upload the modified version in case it is solely that modification that causes the error.

1 year, 7 months ago

Yes it is your modified version of DarkModules. You've changed it from data.lua to data-final-fixes.lua which means that it is running after my data-final-fixes so ModuleInserterSimplified doesn't create selection tools based on the dark modules because they don't exist. You can fix it by either changing DarkModules' data-final-fixes.lua to data-updates.lua, or add an optional dependency on DarkModules to ModuleInserterSimplified/info.json.

There's nothing I can do about mods adding modules in data-final-fixes other than add culprit mods as optional dependencies. I'd do it if it was a sizeable mod but not if it isn't even released on the mod portal. Mods shouldn't be adding items in data-final-fixes for this exact reason. I will make it 'not crash' but instead the modules just won't be in the cycle.

1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks. I fixed adding 'DarkModules' as dependency!
And sorry for the trouble...!

New response