LTN Tracker

by eduran

A GUI for LTN. Displays information about LTN stops, available items and trains controlled by LTN.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Trains

g 0.18

4 years ago

Please?

4 years ago

^ second this, i am hoping for an update, i absolutely love this mod and would very much love to see it updated!

4 years ago

yep, mhm. trying to figure out what's asking for crude oil...

4 years ago

See comment by Optera at https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=475292#p475292

There is a PR for 0.18 here though, so you can download and install yourself: https://github.com/eduran84/LTN_Tracker/pull/33

4 years ago

i've published a bugfix fork of eduran's mod using the license exemption for compatibility fixes.

4 years ago

Just so everyone knows, some of us in the community are getting together to make a new LTN GUI mod to replace this one. It's called LTN Manager. It will be licensed under MIT and so won't suffer from the same fate as this mod has.

Community input is welcome, the GitHub repository is here.

Please do not download ptx0's rips, they go against the mod license as they modify files that are outside the exemptions that the license offers.

4 years ago

please pay no attention to the man claiming license violations since Optera even admitted I am in the clear by updating the license to be more strict.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

i mean you can wait ages for the (probably buggy) LTN Manager to be released in alpha state, or you can go to my page and download the fixed LTN and LTN Tracker releases that go together and work perfectly fine in .18.

I think later today I will release the 1.0 beta of LTN Tracker for .18 as well so users can test both and pick whichever they like, as eduran would have wanted, as his license allows for.

of course, i won't be updating them or making any changes other than compatibility (the license doesn't allow for these), so, eventually, unless eduran returns you will be better served by using LTN Manager once it's made available.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just so everyone knows, some of us in the community are getting together to make a new LTN GUI mod to replace this one. It's called LTN Manager. It will be licensed under MIT and so won't suffer from the same fate as this mod has.

Thanks. Is there any chance you could reimplement LTN as well, so it won't suffer from the same fate as this mod?

Please do not download ptx0's rips, they go against the mod license

Please ask eduran to enforce that license (if he thinks that mod violates it, which I'm not entirely sure about). Only he can claim that, not you, and not Optera. May I remind you, that a license didn't make that mod, a person did.

I really don't see any problem here. ptx0 is not claiming authorship, he is not selling it, he is not advertising it as its own work, and he is not providing any fixes beyond those needed for 0.18 compatibility. There are no actions made in bad faith. Just 0.18 port available from mod portal, before there wasn't, now there is.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Since then I've come to realize that the license wasn't clear enough, so ptx0 is technically not violating it. I'm still working hard on a replacement though, so we can put all of this license crap behind us and just enjoy the game.

I have no plans to replace LTN itself, the mod still works great and Optera is still supporting it, so there's no reason for me to. Plus, I've got my hands full actively developing four mods at once.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

(my reply was duplicated for some reason, pls ignore this message)

3 years ago

Sorry to revive this thread, but why does anyone adhere to a license when the person clearly abandoned the project? In my opinion, eduran forfeit anything claimed by the license after abandoning the project without putting a successor in place.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If someone abandoning their project voided the license, the world would be a very strange place indeed. If we were to go against a license simply because the author was "gone", it would not only be illegal, it would also be extremely disrespectful.

For what it's worth, ptx0 did find a loophole that made porting it to 0.18 legal, but once LTN Manager came out they deprecated that port as well.

3 years ago

If someone abandoning their project (or product) voided the license… it would void the license and no-one could (legally) use it. If by "voiding" you mean "put it in the public domain", then the world would be a wonderful place.

New response