Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
11 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Inherit behavior from True nukes

3 years ago

hi,

playing with the "True Nuke" Mod, the explosion from orbital ion cannon have the same white flash as True Nuke

3 years ago

What are you trying to tell me?

3 years ago

playing with this mod: https://youtu.be/OdYppHYBtqE?t=12
and yours

When i fire the orbital cannon, i have the same white flash in the mod "True nuke"

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

and why are you writing this to me? I can not change the mod "True nuke"

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Of course you arent gonna change true nuke obviously.
but true nuke doesnt makes a white flash at every explosions, just NUKE explosions
Your mod however, doesnt fire nukes right ?
So why when i fire the orbital cannon,this "white flash" shows up just like if it was a nuke ?

Also: can't find the mod sources in the homepage, can we find them somewhere ?
Edit: After multiple tweaks i do not experience this anymore, can't tell what i've exactly done to fix it. I still think there is more behind this

3 years ago

What do you think I should do? There is not really a problem with my mod.

3 years ago

Do you have a github with source code ?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes, with exact the same name
You still haven't said what the problem is?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

empty, why ? idk: https://ibb.co/ws96KG1

I've writed down the problem in each message i've sent, but put simply:

In current state, loading your mod AFTER true nuke i don't have the problem, but True nuke graphics are buggy
loading it BEFORE. true nuke is fine but your mod use true nukes effects

As the mod load order isnt something explicitly added to factorio, this should be handled
I suggest a better separation between your mod and basegame, by doing so, both mods will stop interacting with each other when they should not

And i highly doubt (but i could be wrong) the problems comes from true nukes, i've played with other mods and true nukes, both using same entities and wihtout a problem.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

empty, why ?

because it is not intended to be used by everyone. the repo is not always up to date, the latest code is always in the mod itself.

I've writed down the problem in each message i've sent, but put simply:

Not so that I understand where the problem is ;-) only now you have written so that I understand where the problem is.

So because to change the mod order does not fix the problem. I have no idea how to and currently no muse to take care of it.
I do not use true nukes and i have no intention of using it either. sorry.

New response