Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
11 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g fire shortcut

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi,
while i totally agree that such a device could/should be into the grid with copy/paste/newblueprint
Is there, or is it planned to have a customizable shortcut to select it ? would be nice.
Or, in another hand, does factorio should support thoses buttons to be into the item hotbar ?

Edit: also, is it the desired behavior to shift clic with the remote to fire?

regards

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

while i totally agree that such a device could/should be into the grid with copy/paste/newblueprint

What? there is nothing to copy/paste/newblueprint

Is there, or is it planned to have a customizable shortcut to select it ? would be nice.

there is already a shortcut

is it the desired behavior to shift clic with the remote to fire?

no, see https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/discussion/601287f0f0d0c86a3ce70924

3 years ago

Your icon "FIRE" is in the group at the bottom left with the others functions like copy paste etc.
I can click on it and then use on the map, OK.
can i use my keyboard to directly use it without needing to click on the icon ?

In your modpage there is a shortcut "l" , but it doesnt work for me, and i can't find an option to change it in game.

And also: the other options in the same menu, when you hover on with your mouse, it shows the keyboard shortcut (like alt+del for delete plan)
This mod could show the same information in order to look like this: https://ibb.co/pdjrjww (image)

3 years ago

AH Ok, now I understand what you mean with "into the grid with copy/paste/newblueprint", you mean the shortcuts
Original there was no shortcut, You had to craft the "Targeter-Device". and use this from the quickbar. An other author wrote the shortcut and I just took it over.
Next time I work on the mod I will see if I can add a keyboard shortcut.

New response