Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
11 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [No Bug] Auto targeting not using all available ion cannons.

3 years ago

As it says in the title; I've launched 5 ion cannons into orbit, but auto targeting only uses the first 3 for automatically destroying bases, even though cannons 4 and 5 are off cool down. I've uploaded an image of the issue here: https://imgur.com/a/v4rLBbI. While it's not the best picture of the issue, as the nest is slightly out of the chunk, I have noticed it as well with worms that are fully within a chunk, and worms do get targeted when cannons 1-3 are off cool down, so it does not seem to be an issue with what qualifies as "in a chunk", and instead has to do with which cannons get used.

For reproducibility, this is using Space Exploration and some other minor QoL mods, but nothing that should affect the functionality of this mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Not a bug. see map settings
https://prnt.sc/xsx56o
By default 2 are reserved for manual targeting.

3 years ago

Oh, I'm dumb, I've completely glazed over that option. Thanks!

On a different note, and to avoid creating additional threads, would it be possible to change the placement of the ion cannon "turret" to a blueprint, to allow it to work from map view with the 1.1 changes to blueprints, and/or to reveal more chunks once the beam goes off? The former is still limited by what chunks have been scanned to not be completely broken (and not fully supplant artillery, which can shoot into undiscovered chunks), while the latter would let us better appreciate the explosion :P

I've also noticed that the ion cannon does not work in Space Exploration's Navigation mode, is this intended behavior on your end?

3 years ago

Please use different threads for different issues or questions, otherwise I can not close completed requests.
For common questions you can also use my discord
But all questions, which also concern others please post here.

This thread has been locked.