Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
10 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Fog Auto Targeting

3 years ago

Hi, it's possible to make Ion Cannon Targeting enemy base In Fog War? If yes how? If not, it's possible to add an option like this to mod?
I already, probably, have infinity radar and I want to have fun with these cannons. For now, I can't use them because of the visible sector, and they are useless for me. I will be grateful for adding an option like this :D

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have to look at that first

3 years ago

Is it by design that it wont fire from map? You have to zoom in to switch to land view and then SHIFT click for some reason.
Also if it is possible to make it fire from map view, add radius circle? For indication. Right now radius only is visible on land view.

https://i.imgur.com/fDBKkPR.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/02dTPxz.png

3 years ago

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.
I did not write the mod and I do not have the experience (not yet) to extend this mod beyond my current knowledge.
So first I need more time to collect more experience with such extensions.
And there are still other projects, for which my current level of knowledge is already sufficient.
So please be patient :-)

3 years ago

after some more or less random investigation, I found out that the targeting was implemented via an "ammo-turret", so an invisible building is placed. that explains why it can not be placed in fog of war. in the meantime, however, the normal placement seems to have been changed as well in last versions. so you get an "cannot reach" message and now you have to press the shift-key.
As result of this investigation comes up, that I ave to rework the whole targeting system. So no fast fix is possible.

"Auto Targeting" in fog of war will not be implemented. you will always need an radar for scanning a sector.
" Manuell Targeting" could be possible with the new system, I think.

3 years ago

Okey then, it's possible to ingerated Ion Cannon with Space Explorations Satelites, i mean scanning and navigation?

3 years ago

What do you mean exactly?

3 years ago

Sorry for late reply, when you have installed mod Space Exploration and already lunched minimum one satellite you can use satellite navigation which one allows you to see any place on map, but you cannot place any object also Ion canon fire request, can you bypass that?

New response