Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
11 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [FIXED in 2.1.2] control.lua:318: bad argument #3 of 3 to 'index' (string expected, got nil)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The mod Spidertron Enhancements (1.2.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SpidertronEnhancements::on_configuration_changed
The mod Orbital Ion Cannon (2.1.1) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event Kux-OrbitalIonCannon::on_runtime_mod_setting_changed (ID 59)
Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:318: bad argument #3 of 3 to 'index' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:318: in function <Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:317>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__SpidertronEnhancements/control.lua:26: in function <SpidertronEnhancements/control.lua:24>

ill be trying to put the logs up but pastebin keeps removing them for w/e reason

Notes from spitertron engineer mod maker "
Ok found the problem, but it is with the Orbital Ion Cannon mod, not mine. That mod assumes that the event on_runtime_mod_settings_changed event always includes player_index, but it doesn't (as shown here&) because the settings were modified by a script here.**

heres are links

& https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html#on_runtime_mod_setting_changed
** https://github.com/tburrows13/SpidertronEnhancements/blob/master/control.lua#L26
"

3 years ago

OK thanks for the investigation with the player_index
I did not revise the complete code when I adopted the code. I'm surprised it hasn't occurred sooner.

3 years ago

Fixed

3 years ago

3 years ago

Мод Orbital Ion Cannon (2.1.2) Π²Ρ‹Π·Π²Π°Π» Π½Π΅ΡƒΡΡ‚Ρ€Π°Π½ΠΈΠΌΡƒΡŽ ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ±ΠΊΡƒ.
ΠŸΠΎΠΆΠ°Π»ΡƒΠΉΡΡ‚Π°, сообщитС ΠΎΠ± этой ошибкС Π°Π²Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρƒ ΠΌΠΎΠ΄Π°.

Error while running event Kux-OrbitalIonCannon::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
LuaPlayer doesn't contain key clean_cursor.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Kux-OrbitalIonCannon
/control.lua:363: in function <Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:348>

3 years ago

@Limmer: Please don't attach new issues to an existing (FIXED] entry. create a new one. (except it is the same issue)

3 years ago

kuxynator Please help, I don't know what to do

72.500 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Orbital Ion Cannon (2.1.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Error while running event Kux-OrbitalIonCannon::on_configuration_changed
Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:52: bad argument #2 of 3 to 'index' (string expected, got number)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__Kux-OrbitalIonCannon
/control.lua:52: in function 'On_Init'
Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:10: in function <Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:10>"
72.500 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:780: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
72.500 Info CommandLineMultiplayer.cpp:209: Exit point.
72.515 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:140: Quitting multiplayer connection.
72.515 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:780: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(InitializationFailed) to(Closed)
72.628 Info UDPSocket.cpp:218: Closing socket
72.629 Goodbye
crash detected

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

New response