Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Not a bug] Crash

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Krastorio 1.3.1

I've just added the Krastorio to my mods, nothing else:

Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for recipe prototype "big-electric-pole" (recipe): Duplicate item ingredients are not allowed (copper-cable exists 2 or more times).

Mods to be disabled:
β€’ ProductionScrap2
β€’ angelsrefining
β€’ Krastorio
β€’ ProductionScrap2
β€’ pycoalprocessing
β€’ angelspetrochem

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

See the FAQ

4 years ago

Is the big electric pole not from vanilla?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

No, Krastorio has copper cables in the big electric pole recipe, vanilla does not. In any case, the authors have been pretty clear that there are some compatibility issues between Krastorio and Bob's/Angel's. It's near the top of the FAQ

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

You can just add new ingredients to old recipes just as:

function add_ingredient (recipe_ingredients, new_ingredient)
  local new_name = new_ingredient.name or new_ingredient[1]
  local new_amount = new_ingredient.amount or new_ingredient[2]
  local new_type = new_ingredient.type or "item"
  local added = false
  for i, ing in pairs (recipe_ingredients) do 
    local old_name = ing.name or ing[1]
    if new_name == old_name then
      added = true
      if ing.amount then ing.amount = ing.amount + new_amount end
      if ing[2] then ing[2] = ing[2] + new_amount end
    end
  end
  if not added then
    table.insert (recipe_ingredients, new_ingredient)
  end
end
4 years ago

I don't play with Bob and Angel mods, but make my own mods and add compatibility in some cases.

4 years ago

I'm not a modder, but I'm sure that's true. However, if you check out the FAQ regarding Bob's and Angels, you'll see that the authors have stated they are not going to do that, and actually asked people to stop asking for compatibility. They also said you are free to adjust the mod, and you seem to know what you're doing, so I'd go with that if you want to use Angel's with Krastorio.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I don't ask about compatibility, I ask just for not ruining existing prototypes, in this situation don't ruin the recipe.

I'm not sure that this crash codes from this mod, but it's better to replace whole recipe than adding new ingredient without looking if it here already was here.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

darkfrei, I already know how fix all bugs caused by angel and bobs, the problems is deepest than one recipe, is all structure of Krastorio that isn't well formed for be compatible with other big mods. If u look the history of Krastorio, I start improve compatibility with the introduction of aswil, that have all methods I need now (and I will add other in future). In time Krastorio will be more compatible, until I have restructure some parts I can care about incompatibility problems with other big mod.

4 years ago

I haven't played the Krastorio mod, I haven't played the Angel's mod.
But I've played Bob's mod few years ago, when the DyTech was not so interesting as before.

I'm here just because I've get the bugreport: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Loader-Furnace/discussion/5d3d6c5b63d3f8000df2236c
I've installed your mod and get another crash, not the bug with not-updated recipes.

I cannot start the game, I need to disable all mods in list or disable all mods or find and disable the mod in the config file.

But I can fix this bug and write the bug report about this situation. The report was written.

4 years ago

It will be good if you can use the vanilla loaders with updated graphics, just add the higher tier as the fourth tier.

4 years ago

New bot-a-bug crash:

23.853 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Krastorio/data-updates.lua:135: ...patibility-scripts/data-updates/IndustrialRevolution.lua:12: aswil/aswil_lib/technologies.lua:441: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'next' (table expected, got boolean)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'next'
aswil/aswil_lib/technologies.lua:441: in function 'addResearchUnitIngredient'
...dustrialRevolution/IndustrialRevolution-technologies.lua:132: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
...patibility-scripts/data-updates/IndustrialRevolution.lua:12: in main chunk
Krastorio/data-updates.lua:135: in main chunk
stack traceback:
...patibility-scripts/data-updates/IndustrialRevolution.lua:12: in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
β€’ Krastori

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I need a bit more info, because addResearchUnitIngredient(technology_name, science_pack_name, count) starts on line 448 in latest version, ur report said that is in line 441... do u are using latest version?

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Ok, I made an update for aswil that will probably fix this error (another true bug but not related, thanks).

ANYWAY, I check the code, and for trigger that error imply that "singularity-beacon" technology was removed, do u have any mod that cause this?

4 years ago

I think it was from the ind rev. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I know that is cause by IR+K, u know: "...compatibility-scripts/data-updates/IndustrialRevolution..." ;)
The problem is why, IR+K work well, the error that u got is unusual, how i said: "for trigger that error imply that "singularity-beacon" technology was removed" and this can't be caused from all mod that I test with it.
If u don't give me more information about what mods u have use with it, I can't deal with it.

4 years ago

I've disabled/deleted a lot of another incompatible mods, now I cannot make the same setup for exactly this error.
You can try to check if this technology exists and when not, then enable this recipe. Maybe for all of technologies and recipes, not only for this one.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Already done. Anyway, thank u for ur report.

New response