JPlanet mod

MrJakobLaichs planets mod. This mod adds planets and makes you mine/produce on said planets! Depends on and intended for usage in combination with: Pyanodons mods

1 year, 1 month ago
Transportation Logistics Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Questions

1 year, 2 months ago

Planets size Facrorio planet? new layer?

will they be the same size as the original? and how to navigate other things?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

-> Planets size Facrorio planet?
The size can be set in the mod settings

-> new layer?
Yes, each planet takes up a new layer, for now the "make new planet" and "go to new planet" items are disabled (no recipe set) because I haven't balanced the planets yet (that's what I'm currently working on)

-> will they be the same size as the original?
The starting planet (which is called nauvis in the base game) has a default size of 4000 tiles into each direction (8000x8000 tiles in total)
You can change this in the Preset
All other planets use the mod setting for width and height (default also 4000 tiles into each direction)
So if you want bigger planets you have to change the setting and then generate a planet
Note: The size should be big enough for you to finish py on a single planet if all ores were generated on it

-> and how to navigate other things?
In the current version you just play the pack up to Py-Science-01 (the slightly orange one after automation science), after that you'd need ores from other planets, which I hope I manage to balance before anyone reaches Py-Science-01

1 year, 2 months ago

did I understand correctly that everything will be saved, and I can return to the old planet already with the productions?
and it will be so that it would be possible to transfer resources from 1 planet to another?
well, not to breed and not to build everything from scratch, but to do everything on 1 planet, and there only to mine, or to build production, too, without limitation in general. as well as technology. open and other, teleport in 1 panet to 2, 3, etc.

did I understand correctly?

2) RSO MOD normal work?

when you finalize the mod a little, I am ready to help with testing.
to check for errors and stuff. (I'm playing with 101 mods)

1 year, 2 months ago

-> did I understand correctly that everything will be saved, and I can return to the old planet already with the productions?
yes. everything stays the same, the goal is to have different planets do different processing steps
(I will make some recipes only work on some planets, that way it's not just "go mine planet and move mined ores to nauvis")

-> and it will be so that it would be possible to transfer resources from 1 planet to another?
Yes.
Currently that is achieved by linked belts, linked pipes and linked chests
linked chests are "one per planet", the goal would be to enable you to take a chest to a new planet and to instantly have access to your most important mall items without having to travel back and forth constantly
linked belts and pipes are supposed to be the general "move some resource from one planet to the other" solution, currently I'm not letting you link them on the same planet to prevent abuse

-> did I understand correctly?
I think so, tbh I don't really understand your example you gave in your reply but I think you got the right idea :)

-> 2) RSO MOD normal work?
I'm not sure tbh, I stopped USI the mod as vanilla worldgen works well enough for what I need, so I haven't tested it
I'd say it depends on how rso does mapgen stuff, if it uses the autogen settings I set and then regenerates the ores after the surface is created it COULD work
TL;DR i advise against using rso, but if it works then that's cool πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

-> when you finalize the mod a little, I am ready to help with testing.
to check for errors and stuff. (I'm playing with 101 mods)
Thanks, yeah, to have people test the mod is great :D
(I play with 100+ mods as well, right now all the time goes into mod-dev tho xD)

1 year, 2 months ago

I have an idea in the plan: or maybe make a rocket and a technology that will allow you to launch a rocket to open the map. Yes, and it would be nice to make chests or belts, or rockets from another planet to another, for reality, so that it does not look cheater, for example, we are exploring rocket technologies, satellite: planet discovery : and there it was possible to build an orbital station or a rocket station - and through them to send cargo to the desired planet

New response