Hovercrafts

Speed across land and water in your own personal hovercraft. 2 versions, plus 2 more with the mod 'Laser Tanks'.

Content
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation

i [Supported]Compatibility with Bob's Equipment

3 years ago

Hey Arcani_Victus, I absolutely love hovercrafts. They're incredibly fun to drive, even if they do like to get wedged in cliffs. That said, I really, REALLY don't like that they can't use Bob's vehicle equipment. Can we get an option to use Bob's vehicle equipment (and vehicle equipment grid) instead of the personal equipment? It'd allow us to maintain your balance if we want, or use Bob's for harder enemies.

Thank you

3 years ago

Thank you for the very kind words! I owe a LOT to OwnlyMe for the enjoyable driving of the hovercrafts. Drifting, even as you mention can getting stuck in cliffs, is so much more fun and realistic.

As for the bob's mod, I will look into this and see if I can't come up with something. I have never played with his mods, but I am sure I can figure out something.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Okay, again I've never played with Bob's mods.

Listing below my equipment grids and his equipment grids he adds. Which do you believe would be best balanced for each hovercraft when using his mods?

My current equipment grids:
Electric Hovercraft: 8x8
Laser hovercraft: 10x10

My standard hovercraft and missilecraft equipment grid options (If setting enabled):
"2x2", "4x2", "4x4", "6x2", "6x4", "6x6", "8x2", "8x4", "8x6", or "8x8"

Bob's equipment grids:
Bob car: 8x2 (Hovercraft?)
Bob tank: 10x2 (Missilecraft?)
Bob tank 2: 10x4 (Electric Hovercraft?)
Bob tank 3: 10x6 (Lasercraft?)

Or would you suggest I add in additional equipment grids more in line with his design but bigger?

3 years ago

Those grid numbers actually seem good at first glance. There's two different power source sizes: 2x2 and 2x4.

I haven't had an opportunity to play around with the EHV transformer yet but its size (and the other transformer sizes) would be a consideration as well. I really like the flexibility that the electric vehicles reborn mod brings, so might be worth considering how that will factor in with something like an electric missilecraft.

3 years ago

Okay, I will do some testing to see what I can come up with. I have things working, but am having to do a bit extra for the lasercraft's ammo charger. Since it comes from Laser Tanks and is designed to use the vanilla equipment category I have to make a new ammo charger for the lasercraft and Bob's equipment category so that I don't mess up Laser Tanks ammo charger.

3 years ago

I have an update almost ready to push. I want to run a few more test before final release to try and catch anything I might have messed up. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until tomorrow most likely. Keep an eye out because I would appreciate your feed back.

3 years ago

I absolutely will! Thank you!

3 years ago

I am still working on the update. I am attempting to work out an issue that causes a few known problems that stem from the original version of the mod. I am still hopeful for a release today, but it may be pushed a day or so.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Update has been pushed. I apologize for the delay. It's been a very busy and wild week, but I am very happy with the update thus far. Thanks a LOT to OwnlyMe for doing all the hard work.

Now the standard hovercraft and missilecraft are still by default with out an equipment grid. However, you can enable them and set them to your liking. I have made sure to include the 8x2 and 10x2 as options for them both. The electric hovercraft and lasercraft will default to 10x4 and 10x6 respectfully while using Bob's vehicle equipment mod.

Rejoice! I believe I have resolved the drifting and getting stuck in cliffs once and for all! No more should you have to worry about such issues so drift to your heart's content!

Please let me know of any issues you come across.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any thoughts regarding my support of Bob's vehicle equipment and the improvement to drifting? Have you had any problems getting stuck in cliffs/entities?

New response