Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

b Wheat cannot be placed near any player structure

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is "working as intended", but:

1) Wheat cannot be automated in its production at all. I have ways of gathering them with mining vehicles, but do you intend to make wheat farmable in the... you know... farms? Update: they cannot be placed by drones planting wheat seeds, so there's no way to farm wheat?

2) My major concern: wheat cannot be placed anywhere near my own structures. I get the same kind of error and animation as when the player tries to construct buildings too close to a biter nest. Is this intended? Seems odd to me. But if it is intended, could you please reveal the rules about how far wheat needs to be away, and what structures / entities prevent it being planted?

Many thanks. Loving the mod otherwise, even if basic human things seem to be locked behind chemical science packs etc. (??!!)

2 years ago

Hi,
2) There were no restrictions on planting wheat, it's just like a tree entity. I do not know why the game does not allow you to plant wheat next to buildings. Haven't played for a long time.
1) At this stage of the development of the mod, you cannot automate the planting of wheat. But there are plans to add the ability to grow wheat by drones and harvesters (car entity). Therefore I didn't make recipes for farms growing.

At the moment I grow wheat like this:
- I plant 20-30 bushes by hand,
- waiting, it grows quickly,
- harvesting with a mining capsule or drones.

2 years ago

Yeah, I still cannot plant any wheat (or actually any of your mod's trees) near my structures. It seems to really hate inserters of any kind and says that it cannot be build near them. I will try a much fairer test of your mod and unload EVERY other mod, then try again.

I will get back to you with the result, as I probably should have tried that before contacting you. My bad.

New response