Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g Feedback

5 years ago

First this mod is awesome, working on 17.28 with Bob's and AAI
Adds that survivalist need and interaction I was craving.
Only concern for me is water is so hard to get - you need substantial tech to drink water. I ended up binging apples to keep drink up. Maybe an option to drink "dirty water" or not need to mix fluid in a machine but drink from water with "r" or "f" or something?

Was pleasantly surprised that -100 drink did not kill me. It did correctly increase my energy usage considerably. I did note that standing still made me feel the full affect of heavy energy use from thirst but running put me back at 75%

Keep up the good work! I feel like I'm really stranded on an alien world trying to survive and grow my farm and grow new nutrition sources. Looking forward to more.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for your feedback! All reviews, comments, suggestions help make the mod even better.

Regarding the lack of drinking and the presence of thirst -100 Drinks - I decided that this will not affect the player Character's health. https://github.com/Oceanel51/FoodIndustry/wiki/Drinks-system#thirst
At the moment, only a lack of Energy can kill a player.

As for pure-water, I plan to introduce a water purification system for an early game, something like a Bob distillation, with small machines with little performance, for example: 5 water to 5 pure-water per 4 seconds.
For later game there will be filtering machines, drafts is here https://trello.com/c/9GotB43x/76-fi-pumpjack-mini-and-fi-pw-filtering-mashine

5 years ago

Looks like a good roadmap! I'm looking forward to future development.

I also noted after playing some more today that a single apple tree provided unlimited apples with the food scissors, and while that doesn't provide the necessary components for compost and farm tech, it does trivialize food production in the beginning as soon as the player researches scissors. Both farming and animal husbandry require some setup and rely on other technologies/manufacturing. Not sure that is a problem per se, but definitely made scaling up my farm easy since other food could be 100% used for seeds and composting for faster expansion. On the other hand this freed up more time to setup food automation systems.

5 years ago

You're right. Fruit growing and Cattles not completed and not balanced at the moment, are cheaty and will be refined in the future. This also applies to Fish farming, it does not require any resource now except time.

New response