Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g [Not a bug] how do i research?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i managed to build food science packs but ive got nowhere to place them in a research lab, theres no tab for food science packs to place them inside the research lab

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Do you use any other mods? There are among them that add tehnologies, or science pack, or research labs?
Maybe you have a similar bug with this:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FoodIndustry/discussion/5b2b0b16b9ab35000c73bf80

5 years ago

i don't program mods or use lua, but a quick look at this mod and the mods that are mentioned in the other discussion seems to show that the other mods simply make a new data structure with all the required/allowed science bottles and thus overwrite each other and probably also the darkgreen bottles from this mod (depending on the sequence which mod is loaded first), while this mod seems to behave nice and only adds its bottle to the list of bottles that any lab already might have.
this would mean that all these problems are caused by the other mods and this mod can do nothing about it, except adding special handlers that correct bad behavior of all other mods (in turn requiring updates if any such other mod is updated) and adding all those other mods as optional dependencies to try forcing a specific load order of mods (and then hope for the best). it would be nice if all (the other) mod authors would write their mods in a way that only adds properties (eg additional science packs) instead of overwriting everything that other mods may have already added or changed. if someone finds such other mods, please notify THEIR authors and ask for improvement ...

New response